BQTournament USB Buzzer System
I have created a computer-based buzzer system designed to reduce errors made by buzzer operators, timekeepers, and scorekeepers. The system plugs into a computer's usb port, and works directly with the BQTournament software.
Buzzer System Features
- Has a 1 millisecond response rate.
- Handheld switches attach to and detach from the system using rca jacks.
- Automatically buzzes then calls out the color and number of the first quizzer who buzzed in (eliminates error of a daydreaming or color-blind buzzer operator)
- Calls out "interruption" as needed (using the quizmaster's handheld button - the quizmaster presses the button if the question is interrupted)
- Automatically starts the 30 second timer at exactly the right moment (eliminates timekeeping errors)
- Displays the time that the first quizzer buzzes in, and displays the thousandths of milliseconds later that other quizzers hit the button - coaches can see how close quizzers are hitting
- Accurately determines whether a quizzer buzzes in before the 5 second timer expires (eliminates error and prevents time from being called as a quizzer responds)
- Within BQTournament, automatically selects the first quizzer who buzzed in (eliminates error of giving the credit to the wrong quizzer)
- BQTournament automatically clears the buzzer appropriately as the questions advance (eliminates error of forgetting to clear the buzzer)
- Eliminates the need for a buzzer operator, while at the same time makes the scorekeeper/timekeeper's job easier